Highly flexible tension inserts – the E steel cord tension member
The thinner the single wire, the more flexible the overall tension member! This interrelation led us to develop BRECO® and BRECOFLEX® timing belts with E tension members.
In the E tension member the tension member crosssection is distributed to a lot more thin individual wires and, therefore, the bending fatigues are markedly lower in the individual wires. The advantage of the E tension members is a higher flexibility.
This is especially important, when smaller mounting dimensions for pulleys and tension rollers are required. The minimum number of teeth and/or minimum diameter of the pulleys can be fallen below up to 30% compared with standard tension members.
Timing belts with E tension members are recommended for multi-shaft drive with frequent bends.
- Thinner individual wires in the steel cord
- Higher dynamic capabilities
- Extremely high bonding and bending fatigue strength
- Smaller pulley and tension roller diameter
- No correction of the synchronising
pulleys are necessary
Application information: For intended application under extreme conditions please contact our technical department for advice.
Steel cord tension members (Example):
The thinner the individual wire the more flexible the whole
- For the pitches AT3 (standard), AT5 (BRECOFLEX standard), AT10, ATP10, T5, T10, T20