Identifying your drawdown belt
Getting the right Drawdown belt for your packaging machine is critical for its operation. Therefore to help customers
identify their existing belts we have detailed the key points to look for.
1. Machined teeth
- Measure tooth and zone
- Many belts have tooth free zones on pulley face to
enable belts to run in a vacuum bed.
- Normally a tooth free zone is central but some can be
- Measure the hole diameter on pulley face and
- Some holes are counter sunk – e.g. Rovema belts.
- Check pitch of holes.
- Check if holes in line with tooth or in gap.
- Check top surface for slots and angles; measure
width, length and depth.
- If counting the holes rather than the teeth be aware
that sometimes the pitch of the holes is not accurate.
- Many different backing types are available.
- Check hardness of backing with shore
- Check to see if backing is glued or moulded.
- If glued, it is normal for you to see a line
straight across rubber backing or at a 45
- Glued belts are normally marked with a
direction (running arrow).
- Check tension member.
- Look for coiling nose.
- Look for joint. This will be a square finger or
sharks tooth shape
Specifying your drawdown belt
Normally as the film slips then the backing wears, so the backing with
the highest grip (co-efficient of friction)
should give the best performance.
Silicone Rubber backing can be applied
only directly to PU base belts.
Special hard wearing Bosch belts
(with cross slots) have a yellow PU foam
backing with a thin translucent high grip
|Standard Drawdown sizes|
|225L100||L section 3/8″ imperial pitch belt =
|225 = 22.5″ long = 60 teeth. 100 =
|270L100||L section 3/8″ imperial pitch belt =
|270 = 27″ long = 72 teeth. 100 =
|240H150||H section ½” imperial pitch belt =
|240 = 24″ long = 48 teeth. 150 =
Ordering your drawdown belt
TransDev holds a large stock of Drawdown belts for fast delivery. Glued belts can normally be supplied more
quickly than moulded belts. If the belts are a special size they can generally be made in small quantities without
any tooling. Special sizes of belts which need a moulded backing may need new tooling. A one-off, inexpensive
contribution towards this cost will apply. Please contact our sales office for details.
For the trade we offer contract prices for most popular belts so that you can supply a small quantity of belts at
very competitive prices. TransDev can also hold stock for customers to call-off so that even special constructions of
belts can be available on a quick delivery.