Renold Gearboxes Features
- Standard & Custom Options
- Worm, Helical and Bevel Gear Units
- Package Drives
- Replacement Units
Renold Gearboxes feature worm, helical and bevel gear units for all industrial applications. Together with TransDev, Renold Gears also offers a unique design and manufacturing service supported by full project management to ensure the best engineering solution to every unique application.
- Extensive range of geared motors and industrial reducers: worm, helical and bevel.
- Modular design to allow fast final assembly and same day despatch.
- Rapid Response Service minimises costly downtime.
- Application-specific designed and manufactured Gearboxes.
- No compromise solutions meeting exact specification requirements.
- Unique in-house manufacture, testing and project management service.
- Refurbishment of all original manufacturers’ industrial gearboxes.
- Returned in as new condition with a full 12-month warranty.
- Condition monitoring, commissioning support and training services available.
What is a Gearbox?
Renold Gearboxes are a mechanical unit consisting of a series of integrated Gears within a housing. They are also sometimes referred to as a Gearhead; however, this is more appropriate for open arrangements within a machine frame.
What does a Gearbox look like?
A Gearbox is a fully integrated mechanical component and consists of a series of mating Gears, contained in a housing. This housing also accommodates shafts and Bearings which support and resolve loads. In many cases the Gearbox also includes a flange for motor mounting.
How does a Gearbox work?
Any one of a number of types Gears can be present inside a Gearbox. This includes Bevel Gears, Spiral Bevel Gears, Planetary Gears and Worm Gears. Theses Gears are mounted on shafts, which are supported by and rotate via rolling element bearings. The output speed of a Gearbox is inversely proportional to the gear ratio.
What does a Gearbox do?
A Gearbox functions like any system of gears in that it transfers energy from one device to another. It also alters torque and speed between a driving device, like a motor and a load.
Where is a Gearbox used?
Gearboxes are ideal for any rotary motion power transmission application that requires changes to torque and speed requirements. Typically Gearboxes are used in many applications including industrial equipment, machine tools and conveyors.
Good to know about Gearboxes?
A Gearbox with a Worm Gear adds is self-locking. This prevents the load from moving until the motor spins.