Plating Supervisor PS/0322/01
This is an exciting new role for an experienced plating professional looking for the next step in their career. The successful applicant will be working for a successful local component manufacturer. Their in-house plating/finishing cell is a bespoke and self-contained unit covering various metal treatments, such as zinc plating and anodising etc. They will work closely with internal Technical and Production teams and liaise with a third party chemical supplier. It will be their responsibility to grow and develop this area into a professional treatments facility, supporting existing and new in-house manufacturing requirements.
A dynamic self-starter is required who can bring their experience and expertise to a role that will be shaped by them and certainly develop over time. This will cover:
- Organising and managing workflow so as to optimise throughput
- Loading and unloading jigs in to chemical solutions
- Operating machinery and hoists
- Dipping and brushing
- Handling of acidic, alkaline and plating chemical solutions
- Surface preparation and masking
- Ensuring compliance with health & safety regulations, environmental and company policies
- Maintaining a safe and tidy work environment
- Ensuring preventative maintenance schedules are strictly carried out
- Chemical testing, maintenance, storage and replenishment
- Process monitoring, part inspection and adjustment
- Perform other duties as required
You will need:
- Experience to include , Hard Anodise, and Zinc Plating
- Reliable and responsible
- Highly organised
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Experience with chemical solution testing
- Supervisory experience
- Electroless nickel plating
Free parking. Uniform provided. Company pension scheme.
1.66 days holiday per complete calendar month worked for the first year (maximum 20 days per 1st full year), rising 1 day per year to a max 25 days after 5 years of continuous service. Birthday day off (subject to conditions).
Plating experience, ideally with hard anodising and zinc plating.
Relevant Experience: Minimum 3 years similar experience required.
Existing Qualifications (Edu/Certs/Driving): GCSE or equivalent.
Start Date: Immediate
To apply for this job email your details to GDale@transdev.co.uk.