Transmission Designer from
Continental® Transmission Designer
This is a calculation program for rotary power drives which covers
- HTD family of metric pitch timing belts, including HTD, CXP, CXA, STD. etc.
- Imperial pitch timing belts from MXL to XH pitches
- All types of V belts, all cross sections, wrapped, cogged
- All types of Poly V belts, PJ, PK, PL, PM sections
- Banded V belts “Kraftband” types. etc
- Provides the shaft centre positions when choosing pulleys and belts
- Covers two pulleys drives or multi-pulley drives
- Input speed and power then the software will suggest belts and pulleys
- Choose belt and pulleys then software gives the service factor
- Gives precise figures for belt pretension
- Allows a print out of the data and selected components
Timing belt centre distance calculator
This is a simple program for calculating centre distance for a two pulley V belt or Poly V belt drive, when the pulley diameters and belt length are known. Alternatively when the centre distance is known it will calculate the belt length.
V Belt length gauge
|Measurement of the belt tension is facilited by appropriate gauges, e.g. the V belt Tension Gauge. This gauge is used to measure the belt deflection that is driven from the calculated axle load F.|
Vee belt centre distance calculator
This is a simple program for calculating centre distance for a two pulley timing belt drive, when the pulley tooth numbers and belt length are known. Alternatively when the centre distance is known it will calculate the belt length.
Vee belt length gauge
A simple way of determining the length of a V belt is to use a Length Gauge. This comprises two semicircular V belt supports, one of which can slide along a measuring scale.
To determine values for Fe and te please use the “Transmission Developments” software described above. Alternatively e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with
Available via our website www.transdev.co.uk. Yo u will need to register the first time you use it.