When the application requires resistance to forces combined with substantial rigidity or minimum room, the use of combined bearings offer some benefits. Depending on the type of bearings,axial forces may be absorbed in one or two directions.
- Uni-directional axial forces. The thrust part may comprise, either:
- a radial contact (NKX) or angular contact (NKIA) ball bearing
- rollers for high axial loads (NKXR)
- If the unit must be inseparable, a flange (-Z) is proposed
- Two-way axial forces. Depending on the intensity of the forces, the thrust part will consist of needles (AXN) or rollers (ARN)
Bearing Number Example