The E Steel cord tension member
Highly flexible tension inserts – the E Steel cord tension member
The thinner the single wire, the more flexible the overall tension member! This interrelation led BRECO® to develop BRECO® and BRECOFLEX® timing belts with E tension members. In the E tension member the cord cross-section is distributed to a greater number of thinner individual wires and, therefore, the bending fatigues are markedly lower. The major advantage of the E tension members is higher flexibility. This is especially important, when smaller mounting dimensions for pulleys and tension rollers are required. The minimum number of teeth and/or minimum diameter of the pulleys can be up to 30% less, compared with standard tension members. Timing belts with E tension members are recommended for multi-shaft drives with frequent bends.
• Thinner individual wires in the Steel cord
• Higher dynamic capabilities
• Extremely high bonding and bending fatigue strength
• Smaller pulley and tension roller diameter
• No correction of the synchronising pulleys are necessary
• For the pitches AT3 (as standard), AT5, AT10, ATP10, T5, T10, T20 (option)
Application information: For intended application under extreme conditions please contact our Technical Department for advice. Steel cord tension members (Example):
The thinner the individual wire the more flexible the whole timing belt.