About the UK’s leading Mechanical Power Transmission Specialist
Transmission Developments started life over fifty years ago as a specialist manufacturer of timing pulleys. Since then we have always aimed to set the highest of standards in power transmission.
In the early days the company’s founder, Mr. Stuart Osborne, introduced the, then all new, polyurethane metric pitch “Synchroflex® Timing Belt” to a British industry that still worked in imperial measurements! The complete drive concept was the foundation of a company that has grown into the largest independent, family owned, manufacturer and supplier of transmission belting and related products in the UK.
Continuing the work of Mr Stuart Osborne, Mrs J Osborne drove new investment and oversaw a restructuring of the company. Her vision enabled new product areas, such as plastics and chain and the development of the warehouse as a major distribution hub.
Today, thanks to the determination of our founders and a solid financial base, we remain focused on quality, service and our thousands of global customers.
I welcome your feedback and thank you for your business
Power Transmission, Conveying and Plastics Solutions since 1965.
Founded over 50 years ago, TransDev are major manufacturers and stockists of major timing and conveyor belt and chain brands; with in-house customisation available. We are the UK’s largest manufacturer of Pulleys, Gears and Sprockets. Large gear, pulley and sprocket stocks for rapid rework and made-to-order are a speciality. We are also a ‘one stop shop’ for Plastic materials, machining, routing and injection moulding.
Apart from developing the largest range of standard/special transmission, indexing and positioning belting products, Transmission Developments has successfully incorporated an extensive range of gears, chains and plastics products, most of which can be found in this catalogue.
We believe that the off the shelf availability of all standard products, backed by our manufacturing of specials, coupled with highly-trained competent staff is the key to customer loyalty. Notwithstanding, of course, the importance of representing some of the most vital brands in the industry such as SYNCHROFLEX®, BRECO®, BRECOFLEX®, CONTITECH®, VOLTA®, WIPPERMANN, TYC®, NTN-SNR, IKO, and more
TRANSDEV IN STATISTICS
- First UK Manufacturer of Special Timing Pulleys
- First to introduce Polyurethane Timing Belts to the UK
- First Jointed Timing Belts in the UK
- A British company based in Poole, Dorset
- 8M+ Turnover
- 4300+ global customers
- 1000+ trade and distribution customers
- 50 years of experience
- 70,000 sq ft of owned floor space
TransDev Standard Products in Numbers
- Orders taken before 4.30pm despatched the same day
- Integrated MRP system enables seamless and fast ordering
- Over 70% of stock held in automatic storage and retrieval machines
- 1600m2 of static racking
- Over 44,000 separate products held in stock
- Over £4m of stock held
- 98% in-stock ratio
TransDev Special Manufacturing in Numbers
- 17,000 pulleys, gears and sprockets manufacturing capacity per month
TransDev Special Belts in Numbers
- One of the largest stock profiles outside Germany with 35,000 metres of belting in stock
- Capacity to produce 2,500 Jointed Belts per month
- Typcially produce 600 Backed Belts per month
TransDev Plastics in Numbers
- Over 100 different materials
- Over 1000 special machined plastic components produced each month
- Over 20 years of experience in machining almost all commercially available materials